Sunday 1 December 2013

Weekend away

My husband and I where treated to a all expenses paid weekend away a few weeks ago and we stayed in this really awesome hotel in Tauranga with THE most comfortable spa bath and trimmings!! We also had an awesome meal at Somerset Cottage. Well I wanted to say thank you to the friends that treated us and I wanted it to be a handmade item so I decided to try and make one of the latest Splitcoast stampers Inklings. Its a "Tea bag dispenser" and I hope that they will enjoy the dispenser as well as the tea bags inside:

 The paper used is from the Rosies brand called My favourite recipes bought here in New Zealand at The Warehouse. The stamp in the front is also Rosies brand also from the Warehouse.
 The crocheted top is one that my Mother did while she was here on holiday. She did try and teach me but I have tried but accepted that crocheting will never be one of my things to do. I am all thumbs!! Then topped it will a paper rosette from the same paper range and a beautiful clear button. The chain in hot glued inbetween the two layers to ensure that it does not come off.
The chain I bought at one of the $2 stores here for the beads and charms on the chain but kept it in my collection of beads and things and I added some bigger beads to complete it.  The tea is a South African tea called Rooibos or "Red Bush". It is caffeine free and very healthy when drunk with no milk or sugar but very tasty.

If you would like to make one of these go to Splitcoaststampers website and you will find the
Tea Bag dispenser tutorial there,

Thank you for looking and come back soon

Valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment