Friday 3 May 2013

Greetings to all

Greetings to all, I have a few projects to show you today, some of which I have been working on for a few weeks now. I do not know whats up with me lately but I seem to be taking on to many projects all at once instead of finishing one and the moving on to the next.

However, the first project is one I found on Youtube and its an Easel Post-it-note box card. My friend Tracy is a post it note fanatic so I had to try and make her one of these. Its a very simple and easy project but packs a punch on presentation.




I used Craft cardstock for the base and the patterned paper is from the Minds Eye collection. The flowers are handmade and I found the pattern on the Couture Creations blog. My latest craze is stick pins and I am having a heap of fun making them and I probable have used one is every project I have made in the last 2 months.

BUT moving on, my friend Tracy's, daughter has completed her degree in Marine Biology and is now studying to become a teacher. She carries her diary around with her where ever she goes so I decided to make her something in that line. Found the "Completed Dollar Calendar Mini" by papercrafter45 on Youtube which inspired me. I have used this idea but combined it with Kathy Orta's December Daily 2 project which is a gatefold mini album using the hidden hinge method. So I combined the two and come up with a Gatefold Calendar mini album.

 This is the front over of the album, Vintage styled for her personality and I have used the same kind of flowers in this project as the previous one.Another stick pin!
 This is the inside of the album once you open the cover. On the left hand side I have used Kathy Orta's pocket style and made a tag with the Public holidays and school terms. On the right is another pocket and tag with a calendar of 2014. The center is the first page of the album.
 Open the flap and you have the completed month of January, these calendars I have made so that she can remove and replace for each year. There are 12 pages - one for each month and is put together in a gatefold style meaning one to the left and the next to the right and repeating the process.
 There is a pocket on each front page of each month with a list of birthdays
The very back of the album I have made another pocket and placed a notebook in it. Also done so that she can keep replacing as required.

Hope I have inspired somebody with this project and hope to hear from you guys as to what you think

See ya

No comments:

Post a Comment