Thursday 7 February 2013

Home made "Clip it up"

Greetings all, I am so excited to share with you today another one of my favorite tools and storage made by my wonderful husband. Now I must admit that the idea was not mine originally - I found it on Youtube and I changed it slightly to suit me.

If you are interested in making your own then look at the link below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpwCeN_D82E&feature=em-share_video_user



Firstly, I could not find a lamp shade that was the same size on the bottom as the top but found this one at the Opshop for $3. I stripped all the material and glue off the metal base and my husband sanded it down to get the last bit of glue off and then re-sprayed it white for me. The base is a piece of wood painted black and the center is a piece of threaded rode which is attached with washers and nuts to make it able to spin. Look at the video for assemble of the pieces.

This is what it looks like with the stickers and bits and bobs  hanging on it.

I had to come up with a design of my own for the clips to hang the stickers ect from. The original "Clip it up" is not available as yet in New Zealand - only Australia and all the places that I could find it online where sold out on the clips. Besides it would be very costly to purchase enough and have it posted so I came up with a similar design and was able to find the parts on Ebay.

I bought a packet of 100 ID badge clips for around $6 - free postage and then used small book rings to get them attached to the clip it up. I could not use the ID badge clips on their own as the clip was hanging to the front and not to the side but the book rings sorted out that problem. So all in all I have spent around $25 to complete the entire project. I then found a medium size metal bowl at our $2 store yesterday which I want my husband to attach to the top of the "Clip it up" for even more storage.


I am so wrapped with the end result and as you can see there is still heaps of space on the bottom of  the "Clip it up" for more storage so I will not outgrow this project soon.

Hope you enjoyed making a turn and liked what you saw. Please feel free to leave comments or ask questions and I will help where ever possible.

See ya

Valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment