Sunday 20 January 2013

Engagement excitement

Good morning all, We received some really exciting news yesterday!! My husbands best friend has got engaged!! So excited but also a bit of a bummer as he lives in South Africa and we will not be able to make it back for the wedding!! Ok, so you are probable wandering why we are so excited about this news. Well, its a long story which I am going to cut short as not to bore you all. My husband and Joseph grew up together, went to school together and even after us getting married the bond was always there. In Josephs early 30's he became very sick and was on dialysis machines for many years. He was on the organ transplant list but was taken off at one stage due to him being too sick. There where quite a few times that we thought he was not going to make it through the night but he managed to pull through ever time. We left in 2008 to come to New Zealand and about 17 months later we got the phone call to say that he was on the way to theater for a new kidney and of course the rest is history. His fiancee has also had a kidney transplant - nothing like having something in common!!

So, I had to make them an engagement card to congratulate them both and this is what I came up with:

More girly than what I was planning to do in the beginning but for some reason the more I worked with the card the more I was pushed into the direction of pink! Cannot explain why but I am really happy with the result.

Thank you for looking

Valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment