Thursday 22 November 2012

Matchbox dresser

Last weeks "Weekly Inkling" at Splitcoaststampers is the "Matchbox dresser" and I loved the idea. With a birthday coming up and jewellery as the gift I figured it would be a really nice way to present the gift then a the normal gift box or bag.

If you are interested the link to see the original tutorial is here:

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/matchboxdresser/

You are meant to use match box's but if you do not have the match box's then there is a tutorial in the one above giving you the measurements and instructions to make your own box's. I did not have the match box's so I used the tutorial to make my own box's.

Square box four sides with 6 draws on each side totaling 24 draws. I also could not find the metal Tim Holtz  handles and used wooden pushpins instead. I  bought a necklace and matching ear rings as the gift and had the velvet bags hanging out of the draws with a note saying "Open me"
 The other side also with a bag hanging out the one draw saying "Open me"
View from the top.

Please leave comments and let me know if you like or not

Thank you for looking

Valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment