Friday 2 November 2012

Egg Shell Technique

One of the latest "Weekly Inklings" at Splitcoaststampers was a mosiac technique using egg shells. Yes you read right - EGG SHELLS. Now its quite a long drawn out technique so its not something that you will be able to use if you need a quick card.

Follow the link below to see the tutorial:


So I have been looking for an excuse to try out this technique but only have brown alcohol ink so had to go brown on this one. I also decided to try it and if I liked the outcome would use it on a card. Well not absolutely blown away with my attempt but happy enough to use on a project. I can see the possibilities if you had more colours to work with. Stained glass windows, water if using blues and greens and so many others!!

But to get back to the project - its my in-laws anniversary in 3 weeks time and I have used it on a card for them. Got to get it in the post to South Africa:


The daisies on the card are also handmade and if you want the tutorial on how to make these go to:


See ya!!

No comments:

Post a Comment