Tuesday 25 September 2012

Cupcake stand and Thank you teabag holders

In my previous post I showed you the 21st Tea Party Invites that I made for a friends daughter. In the latest Docrafts Creativity magazine there is a stunning cupcake stand with templates which I looovvvveed and had to try. So I got thinking and what is a Tea Party without a CUPCAKE STAND? For the first time making something like this I am very happy with the outcome - Sure hope Cheyenne is going to love it!!

Once again everything was cut out with my Cricut Expression . Love my Cricut and I would be lost with out it.

Sticking to the theme of the Invites - the paper is also from the Grace Taylor Vintage Collection and I tried to stick to the same colour tones however the roses I made a few shades lighter to make sure that it was not the center of attention when looking at it. The lace border is also a SVG File and the 3D cupcake on the top of the stand is from the "Happy Birthday to you" set at SVG Cuts.

Moving on to the Thank you gifts for the Tea Party:

I am an online  member of "Splitcoaststampers" in USA and I also get alot of my inspiration and ideas from the stunning projects uploaded to the Gallery, There is also a weekly tutorial that their send by email to all the members. Probable about 1 year ago or so there was a tutorial on "How to make a Tea Bag Holder" for a gift and I figured this would be appropriate for the Tea Party. This is what I came up with:









Happy Birthday Cheyenne, May your day be as special as you are!!

See ya!!

No comments:

Post a Comment